With weather experts predicting heavy rains this winter, the City has opened five sandbag stations for Walnut Creek residents free of charge. Residents need to bring their own shovels. Sand and sandbags are available at the following locations:
- Lancaster Road across from Orchard Lane
- Heather Farm Park Community Center parking lot (North end)
- Larkey Park parking lot at 2771 Buena Vista Avenue
- Howe Homestead Park parking lot at 2950 Walnut Boulevard
- Rudgear Park parking lot.
To report flooding weekdays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m., call the Public Works Department at 925-943-5854. After hours, please call Police Dispatch at 925-935-6400.