On July 20, 2010, the Walnut Creek City Council adopted the Locust Street / Mt. Diablo Specific Plan. The Locust St/ Mt. Diablo Specific Plan focuses on a key portion of Walnut Creek's Traditional Downtown north of Mt. Diablo Boulevard. The purpose of the Specific Plan is to guide new development in a way that builds upon, enhances and expands the existing pedestrian-oriented retail district, while preserving the diverse and eclectic character of the Traditional Downtown.
Locust Street/ Mt. Diablo Specific Plan
- Adopted Plan - July 2010 (6.0 Mb, pdf)
- City Council Resolution 10-35, Certification of the Environmental Impact Report & Mitigation Monitoring Program
- City Council Resolution 10-36, Adopting the Locust Street / Mt. Diablo Boulevard Specific Plan
- City Council Resolution 10-37, Approving General Plan Amendments as specified in the Locust Street / Mt. Diablo Specific Plan
Environmental Review Documentation
- Environmental Impact Report (8 Mb, PDF), January 2, 2009
- Response to Comments, Draft Environmental Impact Report: March 10, 2009
- Mitigation Monitoring Program, Draft Environmental Impact Report: March 10, 2009
- Staff Report, Planning Commission: March 12, 2009
- Resolution No. 3496, Planning Commission: March 16, 2009 (recommended certification of the Final Environmental Impact Report and adoption of the Locust Street / Mt. Diablo Boulevard Specific Plan.